Sunday, September 10, 2006

OK, so Sydney isn't quite perfect

Not everything is perfect in Sydney. $3.50 Cokes, $30.00 beach towels, and a lack of American sports bars are a few things on the short list of negatives that could cause one to dissuade from living in Sydney. Yesterday morning Mike and I woke up early to go searching for a bar in which we could watch the college football games. It ended up a tiring and unsuccessful trip. We spent five hours walking, catching buses, and Googling in an Internet cafĂ© to no avail. We could not find one place that even had ESPN, let alone ABC. I guess – pending further discovery – I’ll have to live for one fall without football. I am hoping that if the Tigers hang on to make the playoffs, I’ll be able to find a place where they’re on – I’m more confident about them than the football games – but again, you never know. For now, checking scores on the web will have to suffice. And, of course, Australian sports. Although not as entertaining as American sports, I need to endear myself to them to make it through the semester.

JL

9/11/2006

No comments: