Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Classes began

Very sad, but they had to begin at some point. And boy are they long. My film production class is 5.5 hours every Monday and Wednesday afternoon-evening (3-8:30) and my introduction class to Australian culture and society includes a 2-hour field trip every Tuesday morning and 3-hour lectures Tuesday and Thursday night. I guess the long classes are a byproduct of the short 5-week slot there is to fit them in. Then it's a week off for spring break and 9 weeks of internship plus another class.

My film production class should be interesting. I've never taken anything like it before, so it's completely foreign to me. We have to come up with two ideas for a 3-5 minute film. Let me know if you have any ideas. We also have to learn all the functions of the camera - not easy. My introduction course should be pretty basic, with the highlight being an expenses-paid 3-day trip to Melbourne later this month. That should be a lot of fun. Right now we're studying the aboriginals and their customs. Pretty interesting stuff. That's all for now. More later

JL

1 comment:

Jake Lloyd said...

People here are pretty devastated. Basically he's like the Michael Jordan of Australia. Yes, life goes on, but if you ask any Australia, they're definitely sad. It's not really a pot of mixed reactions. Everyone here loved him. They wanted to have a huge public funeral, but his father decided to simply hold a private one and a public memorial. That's about all I got.

JL