Monday, October 23, 2006

Sports!

You know you love sports when you can enjoy a 142-98 basketball game that completely lacked defense. And I mean completly. This was the case Saturday night at the Sydney Kings-West Sydney Razorbacks NBL (National Basketball League) contest at the Sydney Entertainment Centre in downtown Sydney. It was my first taste of international basketball. Despite the lack of D, I must admit that guys over here can flat-out shoot. At one point in the first half I think the Kings made about eight shots in a row - many of them 3-pointers. It was fun to watch the offensive explosion occurring.

With tickets only $15 a pop, and basketball my favorite sport to watch in person, I'm sure I'll be back to the SEC later this season. I'll try to find a more competitive game, with maybe some defense. But even if I don't, I'll still enjoy the experience.

A game is a game, and a game I love!

peace,
jake

No comments: